Grilling Steaks is no easy task especially if you are a beginner in the kitchen and have no idea what you’re doing. But all it really takes is patience and a lot of practice to master the art of Grilling Steaks.
Here are a few tips on Grilling Steaks for the best flavor:
1. Decide what kind of steak you want and choose the right cut. There are many different kinds of steaks for grilling and some of the most popular for Grilling Steaks are T-Bone, Porterhouse, and Rib eye. Make sure that you pick a thick slab of well-marbled meat. Well-marbled means that there is some fat throughout the meat and this will add flavor to it and make it juicier.
2. Use freshly ground black peppercorns and coarse salt to season your meat. Using marinades, rubs, and different kinds of flavorings are great as well but it is more ideal to just stick to using coarse salt and ground black pepper.
3. Let the meat reach room temperature before putting it on the grill.
4. Clean the grill and lightly oil the grill grates to prevent the steak from sticking to it.
5. Pre-heat the grill. The results are almost the same when you use both charcoal and gas grills so it isn’t a big deal if you choose either one.
6. Start Grilling Steaks. Put the meat on the grill and use a spatula or tongs so as not to pierce the meat.
7. Make sure to pay constant attention while Grilling Steaks because cooking times vary depending on the size and shape of the meat.
8. Never use a fork to check if the steak is done. Piercing the meat allows the juices to leak out, leaving you with a dried up piece of meat.
9. Move the meat over on indirect heat after a few minutes and using olive oil, lightly brush the steak for a glazed surface.
10. Put the lid over the grill to allow the meat to bring its internal temperature. Test for doneness by pressing your finger on the meat. A rare steak feels spongy, a medium rare steak feels a bit firm and snaps back quickly, and a well-done steak feels very firm.
11. Remove the steak from the grill as soon as it has reached your desired doneness and let it sit for about three to five minutes to allow the juices to redistribute throughout the meat.
Following these easy and simple tips for Grilling Steaks will guarantee that you wouldn’t need to go out in search for the perfect steak anymore because you can cook one for yourself at home.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/2492540